Many of us have heard from friends and family that cannabidiol (CBD) has done wonders in their lives, but we don’t quite understand what it is that makes this compound so unique.
The reality is that CBD belongs to a particular class of compounds, known as cannabinoids, that interact with the body in a way that’s different from anything else that occurs in mother nature. Cannabinoids like CBD are the only compounds that are directly used by the body’s endocannabinoid system.
Understanding how CBD works in the body can help us make better choices when planning out a routine with the hemp plant.
Cannabinoids and the Body’s Endocannabinoid System
Did you know there are in fact over a hundred cannabinoids that are found in the buds of the hemp plant? Pretty interesting, right? CBD is the dominant compound, and so there is far more of it than any other cannabinoid in the plant material. Each cannabinoid is associated with distinctive properties, and these properties come from the way in which cannabinoids are used by the body’s endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system is a complex bodily system that scientists discovered in the 1990s when looking for an explanation behind the unique properties of cannabinoids taken from the cannabis genus to which hemp belongs.
The system was determined to be present in all mammals and exists as a network of cannabinoid receptors located in every area of the body, with various receptors in each system. Cannabinoids like CBD bind to these receptors to promote regulatory actions that balance out the functions of adjacent processes.
Essentially, the endocannabinoid system has a clear role of keeping the body in a state of balance and equilibrium, allowing each system to function at a more efficient level.
While CBD is not the only cannabinoid that allows the endocannabinoid system to fulfill this important role, it’s the one with the most studies behind it, and the easiest one to obtain due to its naturally high prevalence in the plant material.
Maximizing the Endocannabinoid System’s Ability to Utilize Cannabinoids in a Useful Way
It is important to know that there are some factors pertaining to the CBD products you take and how you maintain your routine, that impact just how much your doses of CBD actually help the endocannabinoid system do its job.
#1: Take the Right Amount of CBD
First off, it is important that you take enough CBD to give the endocannabinoid system enough material to work with, so to speak. A good majority of people seem to make the mistake of maintaining a routine with a far lower amount of hemp than what would produce the results they are looking for. HalalCBD has clear dosing instructions to ensure that you take an active amount of hemp, and we also offer our products in standard milligram strengths so that each dose has a high enough concentration of cannabidiol.
#2: Take CBD Daily
The endocannabinoid system can do its job more effectively if it receives cannabinoids on a daily basis. This system is intelligent enough to store cannabinoids away for later use if it feels that its supply is scarce. By giving the body CBD daily, the endocannabinoid system routinely distributes this cannabinoid as needed throughout the body for maximum effectiveness.
#3: Choose a High-Quality Product
It should go without saying that quality matters when it comes to how effectively your CBD product will support the function of the endocannabinoid system. You might be surprised by just how many things can greatly influence the quality, and even the efficacy, of a CBD product.
- Whether or not the hemp was grown organically since organic hemp better retains the bioavailability (efficiency of absorption) of its compounds.
- Ingredients used during the manufacturing process
- Product certification. There are various certifications for products. ie Halal, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Organic
- For Halal products, the term Halal means permissible, and it is primarily used by, but not limited to Muslims. It’s a clean way of living your life and what you digest and consume. As the #1 Halal Certified CBD company in the USA, we have gone through the thorough process with the help of AHF (American Halal Foundation) in order to obtain our certification.
- Cannabinoids like CBD are the only compounds that are directly used by the body’s endocannabinoid system
- The endocannabinoid system has a clear role of keeping the body in a state of balance and equilibrium, allowing each system to function at a more efficient level
- CBD binds to receptors to promote regulatory actions that balance out the functions of adjacent processes
- In order to maximize the ECS’s ability to use cannabinoids, be sure to take the proper amount of CBD, take CBD daily and choose high-quality/certified products.